Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spuds

Potatoes from the garden! Such fun! As a child I was fascinated by the idea of throwing a potato into the ground and coming back at the end of the summer to a mound of new potatoes! Amazing!

When I can finally plant my (outdoor) garden, potatoes will definitely be part of the game plan.

(Don't mention this to my hubby, but I always dreamt of marrying a potato farmer. Yes, I am fully serious right now. What a silly little girl I was. A spud farmer? Really? That was the most exciting man I could dream up???)

This simple and easy recipe (from Bon Appetit) is delicious and utilizes not only your garden potatoes, but also any rosemary you have growing.


Potatoes Roasted with Rosemary and Sea Salt
1 lb red potatoes, each cut into 4 – 6 wedges
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coarse sea salt or other coarse salt (we will use kosher salt)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or ½ tsp dried)

Preheat oven to 400F. Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper in a bowl to coat. Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet and roast 20 minutes, stirring once.
Add garlic and rosemary to potatoes and toss to coat. Continue roasting until potatoes are just tender (approximately 10 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment