This recipe comes from my mom's repertoire. And most of the ingredients could come fresh from the dirt.
Sunday Crock-Pot Stew
- Cut cube or round steak into thin strips. Dredge in seasoned four and brown in saute pan (doesn't need to cook all the way).
- Slice carrots, onions, green pepper and celery into crock pot (large chunks work great).
- Add meat.
- Add canned tomatoes (unless you are really awesome and can grow something that difficult) and tomato sauce to get a good 'stew' consistency.
- Add 1-2 cubes beef bouillion.
- Cook throughout the day and serve over cooked rice or boiled garden potatoes!