Monday, April 18, 2011

Comfort Cookin' - Strawberry Style

I bought a new strawberry plant! And this time, I will guard it very carefully!

Here is one of my favorite strawberry recipes. It is a topping for roll-up pancakes. Ok, ok, crepes.... (The name of that particular food item is a major fight between my husband and I...)

Strawberry Topping
12 oz strawberries, stemmed and sliced
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
1½ tsp lemon juice


  • Add strawberries and sugar to a heavy saucepan. Heat on high, stirring, until sugar begins to dissolve. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
     
  • Add lemon juice and stir. Cook uncovered 2 – 3 minutes (can cook longer if thicker sauce is desired).
     
  • Serve warm or chilled. 

Yum! I am in love!

As you can see, its basically a warm and fresh strawberry jam. Is it necessarily the most healthy way to eat those strawberries? Um... No. Do I care? Um... No! Its comfort food. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

And just in case you need a roll-up pancake (or crepe) recipe, here is mine. Its real easy.

4 eggs
1 t salt
1 c flour
1 c milk

 Mix, pour, spin, flip and eat! That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment