Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What's for Dinner Tonight

A new daily segment. Let's see how long I keep up for - ha!

Baked Sweet Potatoes
Have I ever mentioned how much I love sweet potatoes? Yum Yum Yum! So moist, sweet and delicious. If you are not a fan yet, give these wonderful tubers another try!
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. Serve with butter, salt and pepper. Truly delish!
BBQ Stew Meat
Another Mom favorite. Stew meat must be boiled in order to get tender. But once boiled... Oh baby oh. I'm talking fork tender and mouth watering.
  • Boil one pound stew meat until tender (approximately 45 minutes).
  • Mix together BBQ sauce (ingredients below) and pour over boiled stew meat in casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Super tender!
1 t pepper
1/2 c sugar
2 t Worchestershire
1 c onion
2 t dried mustard
2 t celery salt
2 t paprika
2 T vinegar
2 T butter
1 1/2 c water
3-4 T ketchup

(Frozen) Corn
Gratefully, my mom had oodles of extra corn in her garden and I was able to snag a gunny sack worth! Blanched, frozen, and then reheated - as close to fresh as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment