Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Corn, Tomatoes, and Furniture?



A few things that never got blogged about (in no particular order...)

I've taken up re-finishing furniture. Does this have anything to do with gardening? Nope. Cooking? Nope. But its fun! (PS: I'm thinking of selling some of the stuff I've been working on and doing commission. But this isn't an advertisement or anything. Cough Cough Cough.)


I finally finished the checker pieces for the outdoor checker board! I had the hubby cut a dowel into 1/4 inch pieces. I then spray painted them, and added "P"s to one side and stars to the other. They turned out great and have been used a ton!

My corn patch, although rather short, grew some super delicious, ultra sweet cobs!!! While there wasn't enough corn to freeze, there was plenty for dinner during August. Yum....

Little Red Beauties! My four tomato plants produced like CRAZY! I probably picked 25+ every weekend. (Okay, technically, maybe that is nothing extraordinary. But for me, it was awesome!) While I did bottle tomatoes, I also did some freeze drying. Ever heard of it? If not, check back. I'll do a little post sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment