Thursday, July 14, 2011

Knee High by the... 14th of July?

My mom always used the adage 
"Knee High by the 4th of July"
for a gauge of whether the corn was doing well or not. 

Well, my corn stalks weren't quite knee high on Independence Day, but they are DEFINITELY knee-high now! Check these guys out! I am so pleased with this corn patch!!! (Notice that my beans are not doing so well...)



I don't have any old wisdom about potatoes. (Mom never was much of a spud farmer.) So, are these potatoes growing on schedule? I have no clue! Do I think that they are awesome?? YES!!! And that's all that really matters, right?


My garden is turning out to be the funnest part of summer! Every dream and wish I had about gardening back in the dreary months of winter is fulfilled. My favorite part of the day is when I go out to water my (not-so-little) plants :) Yay for some summer success!

PS: I am having some failure as well - My peas and onions are located in a flowerbed on the west side of my house (remember this post?) and they are not getting adequate sun :(

No comments:

Post a Comment